NEWBORN PHOTO SHOOT GLASGOW BLANTYRE, SOUTH LANARKSHIRE
Portrait & Family Photography Glasgow Blantyre, South Lanarkshire
Let’s face it, the thought of a family photoshoot sounds like a stressful experience. All the worries from what to wear or if the children will behave. Trust me when I say, I’ve had the same worries too! As a Mum, I understand completely and I want to reassure you that your photoshoot experience will be relaxed and fun for everyone.
I allow lots of time for your photo session to allow everyone to settle into the studio environment.
You will receive a pre-session questionnaire so that I can learn all about your children’s likes and dislikes in advance. This also allows me to bond with them when they arrive with lots of chat about their favourite things! We chat everything from Peppa Pig to Pokemon. I love hearing all about the things that make them happy!
A great photographer!!! We had our newborn shoot and she was amazing we felt so relaxed and at ease, especially since the little one wasn’t for playing but Lauren was very patient and she got us some fantastic pictures!! Can’t wait until the next session… Would definitely recommend.
Please be rest assured that your children are in very safe hands.
I have worked hands-on with babies and children for the last 8 years in various early years settings.
I am qualified to degree level in early years education. I have also attended specialist newborn photography training courses, which focus on posing newborns safely.
The most important experience I have is that I am a Mum, which I’m sure most people will agree is the best and most relevant type of experience.
PLEASE NOTE: I would ask that parents/families do not take photographs of baby in my set up/props, as that is what I am there to do.
To book your photography session, I require 50% of your session fee in advance. You are then welcome to choose one of my packages when your gallery is ready to view.
PORTRAIT SESSION FEE
Session Fee Includes:
- Exclusive use of the studio for up to 1.5 hours.
- Snacks & Refreshments during your session.
- Use of all props and tasteful accessories.
- Professional editing for your gallery to view.
- Private viewing of your gallery for you to choose your package.
- Personal and professional experience from start to finish.
PREMIUM ALL IMAGES & PRINT PACKAGE
- All images fully retouched on beautifully presented USB.
- Professional slideshow of your gallery with music.
- £50 printing credit to use towards prints or wall art collections.
- Private viewing gallery to share with friends and family.
- 10 fully retouched high-resolution photographs on beautifully presented USB.
- 5 fully retouched high-resolution photographs downloaded via private gallery.
When is the best time to book my photography session?
My diary fills up very quickly in advance, therefore booking early is advised to ensure you have a date that suits you.
Lots of clients like to book in on special occassions, such as birthdays, therefore booking in advance is recommended.
From time to time I do have cancellation slots available, so feel free to check in for any last minute availability.
How do I book in for a portrait session?
You can use the contact form below, drop me an email at:
Or if you’d prefer to chat, my number is 07805339009.
What do I need for the session?
I will cover everything in detail when you receive your email confirmation of your session.
To help you plan in advance, I recommend bringing the following to your session:
- 2-3 outfit changes.
- Your child’s favourite toys/comforter.
- Any special teddies or toys you’d like to be included.
- Small snacks like wafers or raisins (things that won’t mark their clothes)
- Usual changing supplies (where applicable)
- Wipes or face cloths for clean faces.
How long does a portrait/family session take?
As part of your session fee you will have up to 90 minutes of studio time which is plenty of time to allow everyone to settle into the studio.
It’s completely normal for children to feel a little unsure in new environments, therefore I feel it’s really important to let them settle into the studio before we start taking photos.
Within 5 or 10 minutes, most children start to ‘warm up’ a little and get excited about what we’re about to do!
I also learn about your child’s likes/dislikes when I send out the pre-session questionnaire, which really helps me to bond with them on the day.
The best experience I have with children is by being a Mum myself, I can realte as a parent but also connect with the children on their level too.
What will we wear?
This question is the most asked question when it comes to a portrait or family session.
First and foremost, these are YOUR photographs and I want you to feel comfortable in them.
My personal recomendations for creating timeless portraits are listed below:
- Choose a colour pallet which compliments eachother. Googling colour wheels or colour pallets can really help.
- Co-ordinating outfits usually work better than ‘matching outfits’
- Minimal patterns on clothing (pattern can distract the attention away from the models) Avoid busy patterns but some smaller patterns can work well if co-ordinated with everyone.
- Neutral pallets are timeless: creams, greys, taupes always work well.
- NO SOCKS! I know no one wants to have their feet on show BUT no ones going to zoom in on your feet and patterend socks are really distracting in photos.
- Keep in mind your home decor, what colours are in your home and how would your chosen outfits look being displayed in your home and on your walls.
- Use accessories to add textures and colours.
- Avoid character clothing. Yes I know, they are fun and cute but they are not timeless and you may not want to display Thomas the Tank on your walls for years to come.
- Pinterest is your friend. Look up family portrait session looks for some inspiration!
When will we view our photos?
Around 2 weeks after your session, you will receive a link for a private/password protected online proofing gallery.
All the best images from the day will be displayed in your gallery where you will have time to look over them and decide on which package you would like to purchase.
I can also guide you on print and wall art options to display the photographs proudly on your walls at home.
Any other questions?
I hope I have covered everything you would want to know about a portrait or family session at Lauren Murphy Photography.
Please feel free to ask about anything you are unsure about.
Thank you for allowing me to capture these special moments for your family.
I look forward to meeting you soon.